AED has fixed a new deadline of 12/11/2022 for Luxembourg AIFs
The Administration de l’Enregistrement, des Domaines et de la TVA (« AED »), as supervisory authority for unregulated AIFs not supervised by the CSSF, has imposed a deadline of 12 November 2022 to obtain the identification of the RR (« Responsable du Respect des Obligations Professionnelles ») and the RC (« Responsable du Contrôle du Respect des Obligations Professionnelles ») and the 2021 annual AML/CFT Questionnaire (financial year ending in 2021).
Reminder: In relation to AED FAQ(a) and in application of Article 4 (1) of the Law of 12 November 2004:
As for Luxembourg reserved alternative investment funds (« RAIF »), all alternative investment funds (« AIF ») must appoint a RR and a RC, in the same way as Luxembourg reserved alternative investment funds (« RAIF »).
Furthermore, the AED is asking via a communiqué to all unregulated AIFs, other than FIARs, to complete and transmit the following documents by 12/11/2022:
- RR/RC identification form (b); and
- AML/CFT questionnaire (c) and its correspondent guide (d).
c https://pfi.public.lu/fr/blanchiment/questionnaire/vehicules-financiers-non-reglementes/fia/aml-cftquestionnaire.html dhttps://pfi.public.lu/content/dam/pfi/pdf/blanchiment/questionnaire-et-formulaires/questionnaire-vehiculesfinanciers-non-reglementes/amlcft-questionnaire/guide-aif-aml-cft- questionnaire-version-11102022.pdf
Our Services :
Providing experienced members to act as RR and/or RC/AML-CFT Compliance Officer for your Investment Fund :
SIFs, SICARs, RAIFs, other unregulated AIFs.
Performing AML/CFT tasks as RR:
- Validate compliance with the applicable AML/CTF;
- regulations, including processes and policies;
- Review any regular and annual reporting provided by the RC;
- To be reachable for any contact by the Luxembourg AML/CFT competent authorities.
Performing AML/CFT tasks as RC:
- Reviewing and updating the AML/CFT policy of the Company if needed;
- Annual AML/CFT risk assessment of the company;
- Periodic and ad-hoc written reports to the management/board of directors;
- Registration with GoAML (FIU), report suspicious transactions or activities to the RR, and if necessary, to the FIU;
- Annual AML/CFT training for relevant persons at the company;
- Quarterly/ Annually “RC” reports; and
- Central contact for AML/CFT purposes with the Luxembourg authorities;
- To be available without delay upon request by the Luxembourg AML/CFT competent authorities.